35mm 2 / 3-perf Digital Ready Camera
The Penelope 35mm camera offers the key features for which Aaton is famous, steady movement, quiet, ergonomic and beautifully made, while introducing several important innovations. It is the world's first camera designed from the ground up as a switchable 2-perf or 3-perf shooting solution, and it's also the first 35mm camera to offer a progressive scan video-tap.
Night and day, Penelope is the one!
In the Odyssey, Penelope worked night and day on her tapestry, awaiting Ulysses. In its own way, her namesake camera also combines day and night: light in the ultra-bright viewfinder, dark in the instant-loading magazine. Just as Penelope's wait was worth it, Ulysses came back, so you have not waited in vain, since this revolutionary 35 millimeter camera is available for purchase starting October 2008.
Penelope is an epitome of all the features camera operators and rental companies are looking for.
Low profile magazine, the slanted base perfectly fits the shoulder, no other camera brings this comfort to the operator. Penelope respects the 'cat on the shoulder' rule Aaton is famous for.
- Instant 400' preloaded magazine.
- 2/3 Perf.
- Magnetic drive.
- Semi automatic film loading.
- Easy loop length adjustment in daylight.
- Delivered with nose protector.
Video Assist (PAL or NTSC)
- Double resolution progressive scan SD video-assist.
- Flicker free at all operating speeds
- Internal Fameline generator - Multiple frame option
- Auto White Balance
- Adjustable RGB values - Color bar generator - Frame store
- Timecode In window and VITC
- Mechanical Iris and video gain control
The Penelope top handle can be used to carry and/or handle the camera. Easy and quick installation on the camera viewfinder, multiple 3/8" inserts for accessories. The top handle also includes the camera pitch control key, the shutter angle adjustment tool, the gate removing tool and the handle removing Allen key.
Download Aaton's PDF detailing the ground glass / viewing screen options for Penelope here.